BEDC Staff Electrocuted on active duty in Benin City

author
0 minutes, 56 seconds Read

An identified man said to be a BEDC staff was electrocuted while carrying out repairs on an electric pole close to the University of Benin, Ekehuan campus.

The incident happened on Thursday, May 11, 2023, while the deceased was on duty.

In a video seen online, the man who wore a BEDC uniform without safety hand gloves and a safety headset was seen dangling from an electric pole

Eyewitnesses said; “The man was trying to fix one of the wires that was falling when he was electrocuted,”

“I don’t think the light was not turned off from the central switch before he embarked on repairing. He was already close to the high-tension wire when power was restored and he got electrocuted.

“He was there for about 20 minutes before people started noticing what was happening to him. But I guess it was too late.”

the Public Relations Officer of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Evelyn Gbiwen said she got a hint of the incident but doesn’t have details yet, as of the time she was contacted by newsmen.

Watch the video below:

Similar Posts