Senior special assistants (SSAs), personal assistants (PAs), personal physicians, and photographers are among the new hires.
According to the list reviewed the newly appointed individuals include seasoned journalist Tunde Rahman, who has been given the title SSA (Media), as well as Abdulaziz Abdulaziz (SSA Print Media) and Ibrahim Masari (SSA Political).
Adekunle Tinubu, the personal doctor, Damilotun Aderemi, the senior special assistant in charge of private secretary duties, Toyin Subair, the senior special assistant in charge of domestic duties, O’tega Ogra, the senior special assistant in charge of digital/new media, Demola Oshodi, the senior special assistant in charge of protocol, and Tope Ajayi, the senior special assistant in charge of media and public relations duties are the others.
Segun Dada is a Special Assistant (Social Media); Yetunde Sekoni is a Senior Special Assistant (Affairs); Motunrayo Jinadu is a Senior Special Assistant; Paul Adekanye is a Special Assistant (Logistics).
Nosa Asemota, Special Assistant (Visual Communication), Friday Soton, Special Assistant (Housekeeping), Shitta-Bey Akande, Special Assistant (Catering), and Personal Photographer are also on the list.
Sunday Moses, personal assistant (videography), Taiwo Okanlawon, personal assistant (state photographer), Kamal Yusuf, personal assistant (special duties), and Wale Fadairo, personal assistant (general duties).
This publication has learned that Mr. Tinubu has sent out appointment letters for some of the new assistants.
Before being elected president, Mr. Rahman served as Mr. Tinubu’s chief of staff and media assistant.
Mr. Rahman, an Iwo, Osun State native, served as political editor of the Daily Times before switching to the Punch, where he oversaw the publication’s office in Abuja before serving as group news editor at the paper’s headquarters in Lagos.
After that, he made his way to the ThisDay newspaper, where he held a number of editorial posts, including Sunday paper editor.
The University of Leicester in the United Kingdom just awarded Mr. Rahman an MBA.
Mr. Abdulaziz, a native of Kano State, had held positions with Leadership, Blueprint, Premium Times, and, most recently, Daily Trust, from where he was hired to join the APC/Tinubu Campaign Organization’s media team.
The Punch daily hired Mr. Rahman, an Iwo, Osun State native, as group news editor after he left his position as political editor at the Daily Times. Mr. Rahman had previously served as the paper’s bureau chief in Abuja and political editor at its headquarters in Lagos.
Later, he made his way to ThisDay, where he worked in a variety of editorial roles, including Sunday paper editor.
Mr. Rahman just graduated with an MBA from the University of Leicester in the UK.
Mr. Abdulaziz, a native of Kano State, formerly had positions with Leadership, Blueprint, Premium Times, and most recently Daily Trust, where he was chosen to join the media team of the APC/Tinubu Campaign Organization.
Prior to his employment, Mr. Ogra served as the BUA Group’s head of corporate communication. He is considered as a high flyer in the country’s corporate communication industry and is a Babcock University alumni. Prior to joining BUA in 2015, he had positions at Wema Bank as head of brand management and corporate communications, and GTBank as manager of corporate communications.
The current round of appointments marks Mr. Tinubu’s third significant round of hiring since his May 29 inauguration.
Mr. Tinubu named the head of staff, deputy chief of staff, and secretary to the government of the federation on June 2.
On June 15, he named eight advisors, including Wale Edun as special adviser on monetary policy and Dele Alake as special adviser on special tasks, communications, and strategy.
He thereafter, on 19 June, appointed another set of people comprising the national security adviser, service chiefs, the inspector general of police and others.
Last Friday, Mr Tinubu set up a committee on tax reforms headed by Fiscal Policy Partner and Africa Tax Leader at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Taiwo Oyedele.
See the full list of the newly appointed aides below:
1. Dr. Adekunle Tinubu – Personal Physician to President Tinubu
2. Tunde Rahman – Senior Special Assistant (Media)
3. Damilotun Aderemi – Senior Special Assistant (Private Secretary)
4. Ibrahim Masari – Senior Special Assistant (Political Matters)
5. Toyin Subair – Senior Special Assistant (Domestic)
6. Abdulaziz Abdulaziz – Senior Special Assistant (Print Media)
7. Demola Oshodi – Senior Special Assistant (Protocol)
8. Tope Ajayi – Senior Special Assistant (Media & Public Affairs)
9. Yetunde Sekoni – Senior Special Assistant
10. Motunrayo Jinadu – Senior Special Assistant
11. Segun Dada – Special Assistant (Social Media)
12. Paul Adekanye – Special Assistant (Logistics)
13. Friday Soton – Special Assistant (Housekeeping)
14. Mrs. Shitta-Bey Akande – Special Assistant (Catering)
15. Nosa Asemota – Special Assistant (Visual Communication), Personal Photographer
16. Kamal Yusuf – Personal Assistant (Special Duties)
17. Wale Fadairo – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
18. Sunday Moses – Personal Assistant (Videography)
19. Taiwo Okanlawon – Personal Assistant (State Photographer)
20. O’tega Ogra – Senior Special Assistant (Digital/New Media)